Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Appointment Update

I just had my 40 week appointment and unfortunately I'm still at 3cm, his head is still high, but I've effaced a little more to 50%. His heart rate was in the 140s and I've lost 1 pound since last week (totally normal). My doctor stripped my membranes again and instructed me to come back tomorrow morning at 8:30am with Brett and hospital bags in hand, if I haven't gone into labor by then. The hospital has a policy that they will not induce unless you reach 41 weeks or there is a medical reason to do so, however, doc seems to think that since I've been sitting at 3cm for 3 weeks that all I need is a little medical attention to get things going... i.e. pitocin (which is what I DON'T want). Anyway, she's going to strip membranes again in the morning, have me walk around and see if she can get me to 4. If she can get me to 4cm then she can send me over to L&D. If not, then she said "maybe your fluids will be a little low and we'll send you over."

So, looks like tomorrow could possibly be the day. That would be happy anniversary to my parents!

I'm still hopeful that Liam will have his own day and maybe he'll come today... we shall see. (and pray!)

So, if you can spare some prayers, please pray that I will go into labor on my own between now and 8:30am tomorrow. I REALLY (and I can't stress it enough) REALLY don't want to be induced.

No comments:

Post a Comment