Why is it that with this pregnancy, sometimes I just flat out forget I'm pregnant? It is certainly not because I'm not experiencing symptoms; I eat everything I lay my eyes on, my sense of smell is canine-like and my arse hurts so bad from my sciatic nerve that sometimes I feel like a 90-year-old woman when I walk. Thankfully the nausea is gone and I'm not wanting to go to bed at 5:00pm anymore. But even after all that, I still forget. I guess it's because my world doesn't stop for a millisecond with Ryan. When I was pregnant with him I had all the time in the world to lay around, veg out and do whatever I wanted. Half the time Brett didn't even get dinner because I was too tired and too pregnant to cook. Poor thing! Not this time. Dinner may sometimes be boring and predictable, but still, it's a complete meal with the necessary food groups, sometimes they just all run together (think pizza... hehe!). Another reason for my forgetfulness is probably my job. I enjoy my job now, unlike before. My job requires me to regularly run around like a chicken with my head cut off, planning events, teaching classes, eating free food, doing presentations, and traveling to all the NC Welcome Centers, and *most* of the time, I love every minute of it! No wonder my arse hurts, right?! My previous job required that I sit at a desk, bored to tears for 95% of the day, doing monotonous paperwork. Oh, how terrible! So, to pass the time, I spent a lot of time on baby forums, browsing and adding to my baby registries, searching for baby names, etc. etc. etc. I am so grateful to have the wonderful job I have now!
So, I am now 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I haven't taken any belly pics since my 12 week shots. There's not a whole lot to see other than my left over belly flab from Ryan that has now poked out. I don't have the baby bump yet. According to a friend's scale, I've gained 8 pounds! EEK! But that's compared to the doctor's scale so I don't know how accurate that is. It was also after eating a breakfast that was the equivalent to the Denny's grand slam! If it's true, I need to watch myself! I can feel the gain in my thighs and hips, and very excited to say the girls are getting bigger too!!! I remained the same boob size throughout Ryan's pregnancy and even shrunk after he was born (ugh, so depressing). I was not even slightly blessed in that region of my body, so the sheer fact that I am now "busting" out of my bras just tickles me to death!
I haven't purchased anything except a pack of pacifiers. Lame, I know. I don't want to buy much until we find out the sex. We really don't need a whole lot as far as baby gear since we have all the big stuff. I do want to get a new stroller. I have my eyes on the double deluxe sit and stand. :) I became a baby wearing addict with Ryan, so I'd like to get a new carrier, but we'll see. I'd love an Ergo, but I don't want to pay the price. I already have a snugli front carrier and a Mei Tei that I LOVE! I've heard that with 2 kids, baby wearing is that much more convenient. YES! Feed the addiction!
You may be wondering about the name of my blog. "I love you like blueberry pancakes" is a line from a book called "I love you, Good Night" and Ryan and I read that book *almost* nightly. It's one of his favorites and it reminds me of his crazy obsession with waffles. The child can't go a single day without a waffle. BLUEBERRY waffles! So, when I was thinking of names, that just kind of stuck. Ryan has a lot of obsessions. In addition to waffles, he's mesmerized by the moon, shoes (specifically crocs), and recently, elephants, squirrels, and making coffee. Yes, I said making coffee. He likes to help Brett make coffee in the morning. As for the moon, he has a saying that our Mimi taught him, "I see the moon and the moon sees me. God bless the moon and God bless me!" He says it every time he sees the moon and he just gets so excited. I love the mind of a child. I really try to stop every now and then and appreciate the simple things in life, but small children just notice and appreciate everything and it amazes me.
Gav and I say that too "I see the moon and the moon sees me. God bless the moon and God bless me!" I LOVE it! We read it in a 'baby hallmark' book my aunt gave me the day he was born. SO cute =)
ReplyDelete