We went to Durham on Saturday for an over-due double birthday celebration for Brett and my cousin, Josh. Ryan was so excited to sing happy birthday and help blow out the candles. You have to understand, in Ryan's world, everyone else's birthday is his too. Presents are no big deal to him at this time in his life. He's all about singing and blowing out the candles, over and over and over again. I have video from Saturday night of him singing happy birthday to himself. I'll see if I can upload it and post it here. Blogging on this site is new to me, so I'm not sure if I can do that. We shall see.
This weekend brought on some new challenges with Ryan. He says no to just about everything. (Yes, yes... I realize he's 2.) His "no" usually is answered with my "yes" and, mixed with both of our frustrations, inevitably begins a temper tantrum. My hormone level isn't helping either and most of the time Brett steps in and Ryan does whatever is asked of him. I think it is safe to say that Ryan has figured me out! He knows what buttons to push and how far he can go. He knows I can't resist his sweet pouty face. OK, let's just be honest... I am a push over! I'm soft!
On a more serious note, I'd like for everyone to pray for a 2 year old little girl named Layla Grace and her family. She is at the end of her life and battling neuroblastoma (cancer). I've been reading her parent's blog and keeping up with Layla on facebook for the past 2 weeks. She has touched many lives and each time I read about the struggle her parents are going through watching their child suffer, I think about what I would do in that situation, and I can't fathom it. Their courage and faith in God is miraculous to me and truly amazing. They have found meaning and purpose in every minute they have had with her. Their website is LaylaGrace.org. Please say a prayer for this sweet little angel and her family.
As for Peanut... my personal debate of boy vs. girl continues. I can find so many positives for both genders. I'm not opposed to either one, although having a brother for Ryan is still an amazing idea in my mind. I've been thinking about just for giggles, buying the intelligender kit. It's pretty much when you pee in a cup and it will tell you if you're having a boy or a girl. You buy it at the drug store and it's 85% accurate. It would purely be for fun and I wouldn't finalize anything or go on a shopping spree until our big ultrasound in April, but I still think it would be interesting. I've looked at the Chinese calendar too. It says boy. The Chinese calendar said boy for Ryan too.
I've been feeling things that are probably movement, but I can't really say for sure yet. That is my absolute favorite part of pregnancy. Feeling the baby move is just so amazing to me. Almost alien-like, borderline freakish, but sooooo amazing!
I've been having some off-the-wall cravings lately... guacamole dip that my dad and a friend of mine makes, sausage balls (totally wierd since I don't normally eat sausage), grits, salad... the list goes on.
I have belly pictures that I took on Saturday. I forgot my camera today, so I'll post them tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment