Today is the day I get to see my best friend. Her name is Jody. I haven't seen her since January. Her, her equally wonderful husband, Jeff, and her absolutely amazing parents, Tony & Linda are coming down from Maryland to NC to meet us at the beach until Sunday. I am absolutely beside myself excited that my family and her family get to share this time together. Hopefully, this will be the first of many joint-family vacations that we will take.
You see, Jody is pregnant too. The Bean, as he is affectionately and namelessly known, is due 6 weeks and 5 days after Liam. Yes, HE! Jody and I are having SONS.... TOGETHER! We couldn't have planned it better.
Rewind to fall semester 2002 at Methodist...if you would have told either of us that within the next 8 years we would get over ourselves and love each other like sisters, we both probably would have punched you and laughed. We weren't exactly each other's "favs", if you know what I mean... all because of men who are thankfully no longer in our lives. Now, ignoring the geographic location of Virginia, we are inseparable. Crazy how God works, isn't it?
Our friendship is relatively new (we met in August of 2001), however, it seems as if I've known her my whole life. My hope for our children is that they will grow up together (again... let's forget about Virginia for a minute) and love each other as extended family. And of course, when Jody and I are old and gray, we can sit for the 30th summer in a row, on the deck of the house we've rented together at the beach, watch our grandchildren play in the sand while our husbands challenge each other on the golf course, drink our respected drinks of choice and reminisce about the "good ole days."
Oh my goodness Leighi, this made me laugh then cry! I hope you have a great time at the beach :)
ReplyDelete