Monday, July 19, 2010

Random Ramblings

As mentioned in my previous post, this past weekend, 3 families joined up at Salter Path, NC and we had an amazing time! Our group consisted of Brett, Ryan & myself, my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my mother-in-law and father-in-law, my best friend Jody and her husband Jeff, and her parents, Linda & Tony. We swam, we tanned, we ate, we partied, we reminisced, we played bocce ball & cornhole, we stayed up until after midnight, we got burnt, we built sandcastles...we had an awesome time! I can't believe it is over and I'm so sad that I have to wait an entire year to do it again! The extended weekend vacation was the first of many, I hope. Perhaps next year we can make it a whole week!

Just to enlighten you and remind those who were there, here are a few lessons we all learned during the course of our trip...

Lesson #1 - Don't play fire hose with your penis. (very important to a 2-year-old)

Lesson #2 - You can, in fact, fit 13 people into a 32' travel trailer.

Lesson #3 - If you're potentially being attacked by a wild animal, don't count on your mother to save you. She'll just run the other way, leaving you alone to fend for yourself.


On another note, yesterday I hit the 33 week mark and the under-50-day mark. There is so much still left to do before Liam arrives. I'm getting antsy, so I made a list. What I thought was going to be just a few things turned into a list of 26 things that need to be done or purchased prior to his arrival. As nice as it would be for him to come a bit early (maybe 1-2 weeks) I'm starting to think that him coming during the week of his due date might be in our favor, just so we can get everything done. Between working, keeping up with Ryan, and traveling, there isn't a whole lot of time between now and then! I reckon I better hop to it! I had my 32 week doc's appointment last week. Unfortunately I gained 6lbs in 4 weeks. NOT COOL! However, I do remember that towards the end of my pregnancy with Ryan and gained 7 lbs in 3 or 4 weeks. So I figure maybe it is just my normal pattern. Or at least that's what I'm leading myself to believe. I have been having some major pressure in my pelvic area from Liam's head... thank you, gravity! I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but last week it was almost unbearable. Doctor wanted to check, just to be sure and I wasn't going to argue with her since I was headed to the beach within the next hour. Thankfully, all is well and I'm not dilated at all. She "diagnosed" me with a weak pelvic floor... or as she described it, an "old hammock." Wonderful... I cannot explain to you the feeling I had when I was told my female innerds can now be compared to an old hammock. Bear with me for a minute as I explain. A NEW hammock is tight and stiff as is a unused uterus and pelvis (bones & muscles). An OLD hammock is loose from being sat on, stretched out and rained on, and from what I gather, quite comparable to my lower female region. How glorious is that? Yes, I know. I couldn't contain my excitement either.


Now on to my other child. This morning Ryan and I went to have his ears checked. We do this every 4 months because of his tubes we had put in back in November. I'm quite surprised they are still there. The life span of ear tubes is about 6 months and we're going on 8 months. Life before tubes consisted of an ear infection every 3 weeks through the fall and winter months. It was excruciating for me and even more so for Ryan. Since his surgery in November, he has had 1... yes, let's count them again... ONE ear infection. I could kiss the feet of Dr. Bellian, his otolaryngologist.


Anyway, while we were in the waiting room, Ryan was playing in the kids area with another little boy who was at least a year older than him. Obviously this is quite normal for 2 small children to play together, but what stood out to me is that they were conversing...like normal human beings. Call me wacky, I don't know, but I just think it's really cool when two little people have a conversation. I mean, obviously Ryan and I have conversations all the time about everything under the sun, but his speaking skills are still, well, like a 2-year-old's. Many times other adults (even Brett and I, sometimes) can't understand him, but another child can and I think it's amazing.


Ok, well enough of my ramblings. I've been accused of making people cry to often while reading my blog. So, hopefully you didn't this time. :) Save the tears for another day.

And just for giggles, check out America's next macho man, Ryan Michael, in all his glory.... he was growling by the way. I had the camera square on him, then he bent over, threw his arms back, gave his best bad-boy face and growled. I wish I had caught the rest of his body. The moment was priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment