So, first things first. I hit the 36 week mark on Tuesday. I am no longer allowed to travel, and to be perfectly honest is just fine with me since we still have a fair amount of stuff to do before Liam decides to arrive. But, after yesterday's doctor appointment, it is clear that it won't be any time soon. Everything is closed up tight. No dilation at all! Actually, I'm a bit surprised by this. I've been having a fair amount of braxton hicks contractions and a whole lot of pressure down yonder so for her to say nothing has changed was a bit of a shock. But no worries, he has 2 more weeks before I will REALLY be pushing for him to come out. No pun intended there.
I remember with Ryan (Bless him, he's still just as stubborn) I was so desperate for him to get out. I bounced on my exercise ball, I walked 2 miles every day after work, I drank wild raspberry leaf tea twice daily from 38 weeks on to "help ripen my cervix", I ate spicy foods, we had sex, I walked some more... I mean I did it ALL (with the exception of drinking caster oil or eating refried beans... GAG!). Still, no baby. At 41 weeks on the dot the pitocin started rolling and almost 12 hours later he was born. I have a hot feeling that Liam has the same stubbornness as his brother and will not be joining us unless we force him to. We shall see....
On another note, I've maintained my weight for the 7th week in a row! I was so shocked. This past weekend we went to Maryland for the annual Annapolis Rotary Crab Feast and also for a surprise shower for my bff, Jody. (YAY! I can talk about it now!) I stuffed my face with crabs, hot dogs, corn, etc... plus cake at the shower. Oh and let's not even mention all the eating out we did for breakfast...by the way, the absolute BEST place for a cheeseburger or breakfast in the Annapolis area in Chick & Ruths in downtown. Ok, so anyway, I'm still at 157lbs, which is the weight I was when Ryan was born. Which is 32lbs up from what I was at the start of this. Once again, we shall see!
Last night I hung some art pieces on Liam's bedroom wall. Everything is coming together. I still need curtains for his room and I'd like to get a new glider cushion. The one I have is blue and certainly doesn't match the green and brown in his room. It's so exciting to see it almost done. I brought the swing down from upstairs last night too and opened a pack of diapers and put them away in his bins on his changing table. Oh, and I finally found an outfit for him to come home in. It's going to be hot when we bring him home. Early to mid-September is still usually in the 80s or 90s. So I found a really cute onsie, socks and a light hat for him to wear and I just so happened to have a receiving blanket from Ryan (I don't think he even used it) to match it. So, what do you think?

I didn't get anything frilly for Ryan to come home in so I didn't want to go over the top with Liam. Ryan wore a cute doggy outfit by Carters that Dakoda gave him. :) It says "I love my pup" on it.
Once the nursery is finished, I'll post pics of it too. You can see a little bit of the theme in the picture above, but I want to wait until everything is done before showing it. That's the goal for this weekend, as well as paint Ryan's room and shampoo the carpet in the living room. Ryan is going to the beach with my parents, so I hope we can get it all done!
No comments:
Post a Comment