Monday, August 23, 2010

No Mommy... Daddy do it!

Ryan is currently in a phase where he wants Daddy to do everything. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm 38 weeks preggo tomorrow and moving around, getting up, getting down, reaching, holding, stretching, etc. is getting very difficult, painful and quite exhausting. But, come on! I still want to read books, play, interact with and love on him. But no... "I want Daddy do it, Mom!"

I am so blessed to have a man who loves and does for our son the way Brett does. I should not be complaining one bit! However, this morning when Ryan wanted Daddy to put his clothes on instead of me I made the mistake of asking him if he likes me. I said "Bubs, you like Mommy this morning?" He gave me "the look," shook his head no and hugged Brett. I wanted to break down there, but I left and walked down the hall so he wouldn't see me tear up. Most of it is hormones, but damn, it breaks my heart.

I think that's the hardest part of pregnancy... when you have another young child. I've been feeling so guilty lately because I am so drained by the time I get home from work. Half the time I can't even cook dinner. Lucky for me Ryan is just as happy with rolled up ham and cheese, or a bowl of cereal for dinner. But it's when he wants to go outside and play at 5pm that I can't handle. It's too freakin' hot! The heat indexes around here have been 97 and up for the last 2.5 months and I can't get out in it without feeling like I'm going to pass out. But yesterday I said forget it... we took a walk. We went to the park and played for about 20 minutes and then walked to the fire station to see the firetrucks. We were going to stop and get ice cream at the store, but he said he didn't want any. Then, we came back home and he rode his new power wheels truck in the backyard while I sat on the deck in the shade and watched. He was so excited to get out. But, oh, it was so hot.

I'm so ready to have this baby, I'm so ready to be normal again... or I should say, establish a new normal, I'm so ready for my energy level to come back and I'm so ready to be an active mommy again!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you find your energy... I think mine might be hiding with yours. You're doing a great job, you're going to be an awesome mommy of two!

    ReplyDelete