Wait! Ok, seriously... shall I name off everything that I've cleaned and done to get ready for this child's arrival? I was joking last night that I feel like we've done more to get ready for our second child than our first, which just seems backwards to me. I've been cleaning, organizing, throwing away, moving, purchasing, painting, re-doing, etc. Mama joked with me last night that there is nothing left for me to clean so maybe he'll come now.
Yesterday Ryan and I washed the jeep... actually, it turned into water play... and then vacuumed and detailed the inside. I moved Ryan's carseat over to make room for Liam's carseat on the other side. I put in the mirror so I can see Liam's face and I added sun shades to the windows. I didn't have sun shades before. When Ryan was born, Brett made the comment that the sun shades were silly looking and he wasn't putting them on his car. Therefore, as to not look silly, I didn't use them on mine either... no worries, my windows were dark enough that it really didn't bother Ryan. Only until recently has he said anything about the sun being in his face. Anyway, all that rambling just to say I have new sun shades on either side of the jeep for each child. Who cares what my husband says! :)
So, with the house clean, the car clean, new crates for the dogs, car seat installed, nursery done, Ryan's room painted, toys out and ready, baby laundry done, new stuff purchased, rental house in Benson ready for new tenants to move in, work stuff in order... what is there left to do but wait?
I had 6 contractions last night that were 8 minutes apart. I texted my Fayetteville bff and my dad to have them be on stand by in case it was 'go time.' I was a bit nervous though seeing how as my mother was in the air... on a plane... out of town... to Houston, TX. Houston... 2,000 miles away, 18 hours by car, 2.5 hours plus 1 layover by plane and here I am going into what I thought was labor. Liam received strict orders from his Nonna (my mom) to stay put until she returns home tonight. I think he is showing his sense of humor early on. I'm not surprised in the least bit. His middle name is Earl.
Speaking on Earl. How about this hurricane we're expected to receive a visit from. Has anyone noted the name? Yes, of course. Earl! How ironic. All of you may not know, but there is a sequence of events that could potentially happen in the next 5 days that could be considered coincidence, Divine intervention or just out right funny... just depends on how you look at it. Everyone knows, if you've been following my blog, that Liam is named after Brett's grandpa William and my Papa Earl. Well, obviously Liam will be making his appearance some time in the "near" future. Depending on when he decides to come, he could be gracing us with his presence at the same time Hurricane Earl will be gracing the coast of NC with his... the coast of NC, right exactly where our trailer is at Indian Beach, NC, which belongs to my Mimi and Papa Earl. And oh, to add to this NCSU football starts this weekend. Earl was a life long member of the Wolfpack club and die hard NCSU fan.
So, here is my prediction... dare I say it 'out loud', Hurricane Earl will hit the coast of NC on Thursday night causing minimal, if any at all, damage the our trailer, William "Liam" Earl will be born on Friday, and the Wolfpack will win their season opener to Western Carolina University on Saturday evening. Either way, Liam has the perfect Pack outfit to wear to cheer on his team if he is here on Saturday.
great post!! Waiting on Earl and Earl!
ReplyDeleteLove your post and can't wait to rock Baby Liam Earl in his wolfpack outfit, with Big Brother, Ryan sitting on my knee, all dressed in Wolfpack red too!
ReplyDeleteNonna