Friday, October 8, 2010

Well, HELLO!

Good Morning Friends! No, I have not forgotten about you or my blog. The dynamic of the Dippolito circus has changed a bit (duh!), thus my blog has suffered. As crazy as it sounds, I'm hopeful that when I go back to work on the 25th it will allow me to establish some sort of new normalcy so I can function like a normal, working mother. Right now, I'm being lazy in the morning. By the time I get up, get both kids fed, feed myself, change both kids and get Ryan to school it's already 10:00am, sometimes later. That's half my day! Then there's a house to keep clean, diapers to change, laundry (oh, the laundry) to do, a baby to feed, more diapers to change, more laundry to do, dogs to let out to pee... oh, and dinner... Whoever came up with the new mommy tip, "sleep when the baby sleeps" is full of elephant dung. This may be true for FIRST TIME new mommies, but for second, third and so-on mommies, well... we're just S-O-L. Maybe if my chef, maid and nanny would ever show up for work I'd be able to get some shut eye.

Today was Liam's 1 month check up. I was guessing he'd be about 11lbs at this point. I wasn't far off. He's 10lbs 6oz, which is in the 75 percentile for growth...however, the doctor told me today that he's still not big enough. At his 1 week appointment he was down to 8lbs 14oz from 9lbs 4oz at birth. This was due to a milk-protein intolerance, so we switched him to soy formula. 1 week later he was back up to 9lbs 14oz; a whole pound in 1 week! Whoa! Then...thanks to Similac and their spontaneous choice to manufacture bug parts along with their formula, we switched formula AGAIN to Target brand soy. He's not tolerating the way I'd like him to. He's still spitting up with almost every feeding; not too much, but enough to be an issue. So now, we'll start adding cereal into his bottle to treat what is thought to be a bit of acid reflux. If that doesn't work, then we'll switch formulas again, but hopefully the cereal will work. Oh the joys of finding the right formula!

Both boys also got shots this morning. Ryan unexpectedly joined us at the doctor's office this morning. I was running late and didn't have time to drop him at school before we went. Since we were all there, I went ahead and had him get his flu shot. I think the last time Ryan got a shot was before he was two. Nonetheless, it's been a while. I'm one of those vaccine freaks. I totally go against the CDC's recommended schedule. I think it's bogus. I spaced all of Ryan's shots out to no more than 2 per month. I also denied the rotovirus, chicken pox and flu shots. Call me crazy, but then go take a mircobiology class and do some research and let me know where you stand when you find out what all those chemicals do to the developing brain when you shoot them up all at once. Anyway... I'll step off my soap box. Regardless, Ryan received his first flu shot and Liam got the first of his Hep B series. After a bit of screaming, a couple bandaids and some hugs & kisses all was well.

I'm down to 135lbs according to the scale at the ped's office. Ryan refused to step on the scale this morning, so I held him and weighed us together, then put him down and weighed myself. He's 31 lbs and I'm 135. Not bad for 1 month post-partum. I was at 152 when I delivered Liam. I have 9 more pounds to lose to get down to my pre-preggo weight. I'd like to be at my wedding weight, which was 124... so that's my goal.

In other news... Brett's business, 3D Golf Instruction, is kicking off well. For those of you who aren't clear about what it is, he teaches golf lessons indoors at Omni Health & Fitness here in Fayetteville. He uses motion analysis and video to teach as opposed to teaching out on a golf range. He still has his full time job at the country club, but we hope within 6 months to a year he can venture out and 3D will be a full time gig. Prayers are appreciated! :)

That's all I've got for now. I'm off to mix some rice cereal into a bottle and feed my little monster! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment