And my reality is good! I am blessed to be part of the 45% of Americans who enjoy their job. I am also blessed to be willing to welcome the truth this time around. The truth is... I HAVE to work. I have to work for my sanity and I have to work for the income. When Ryan was born, I hated my job. Combine that with a brand new baby and irregular hormones, I was a basketcase when I had to go back to work. Today, though, I was excited and excitement is a good feeling. I was stoked to go back to the office, but it was bittersweet to drop Liam off at daycare. I knew he would be in good hands, but would they hold him the way he likes, would they feed him the way he likes, would they lay him down the way he likes. Well, probably not... at least not the way *I* do it. But, I'm his Mommy... no one is supposed to do it they way I do it. That's what makes me like no other in his eyes. :)
Overall, we both did well. I exercised my mind, entertained many 6 week old questions, and wished for a "do not disturb" sign all day. And he succeeded at eating, sleeping, pooping, peeing and, of course, spitting up with his new "friends" at daycare. I picked up a happy and very tired little boy at the end of the day. He catnapped all day long, which isn't his normal routine. I'm guessing the new surroundings had everything to do with that. He stayed awake through dinner, but now has been asleep since about 6:45. I'm sure his belly will wake him up soon.
In Ryan's world we have some exciting news! He is already moving up to the 3's classroom. He is starting the transition this week and come November 1st he will be a permanent member of that classroom. His teachers have shared that he's quite advanced and ready for the move. As a proud mother, I have to agree with them. His association skills send my jaw to the floor. On Saturday, we went downtown to The Chocolate Lady (a small chocolate shop). He got his usual, a chocolate covered twinkie. I got ice cream and a few pieces of chocolate to bring home. On Sunday morning I walked into the kitchen to make muffins for breakfast. I found Ryan had broken into the chocolate bag and was happily eating a piece of Tiger butter, which is white and milk chocolate swirled with peanut butter. It is in the shape of a peanut butter cup and even sits in the paper cup wrapping like a peanut butter cup. I said to him,
"Bubs, what are you doing?! We don't eat chocolate for breakfast!"
He said, "Mama, I'm just eating this. It's like a muffin!"
I was left speechless.
Yes, my reality is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment