Monday, November 8, 2010

My life

I was cleaning up diarrhea from Ryan (I know, not a pleasant thought) and Brett randomly asked me if I had thought 10 years ago that I'd be doing this now. My answer? Yes. I was made to be a mommy. I love everything about it. I love the hugs and the kisses. I love baby snuggles. I love when Ryan asked me, it his sweetest most innocent voice, to lay with him at night... even though half the time I refuse because I feel like he needs to learn to lay by himself to go to sleep. I love when Liam buries his head in my chest when he's so tired that he can't hold his eyes open anymore. I love baby smiles. I love picking Ryan up from school and he yells "MOMMY!" and comes running. I even love it when Liam wakes up at 3:30 in the morning to eat and will only go back to sleep if he is laying snuggled up next to me. I love when Ryan helps me cook dinner. I love that we have taught Ryan about compassion towards others and to be mindful of their feelings and I love when people notice it and comment on it. I love taking them places to experience new things; the museums, the park, the pumpkin patch, etc. There are so many things that I love about my children... you'd be here for days reading them all.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how much my life has changed over the past 6 years and how amazingly it has all sort of fallen into place. 6 years ago I met Brett when he interviewed me for a job at his golf course. At that moment I knew I had met the man I was going to marry. I even called my mama and told her. From then until now has been a whirlwind that has been spinning so fast that it's hard to grasp it all. 5 moves, 4 cities, 2 dogs, 1 house, 8 jobs (combined) 6 cars (combined), 2 kids and 1 new business later, here we are. It amazes me. We've had at least 2 life-changing events for each year we've known each other. There were times that I just threw my hands up in anger and frustration and others when cried happy tears. After Ryan was born, I told Brett and myself that I wanted to have a year just to "be". Well, that certainly wasn't the case. I would have never been able to write my life out the way it has been written for me. I have figured out that "just being" isn't in my cards. Change is inevitable. You either embrace it or run from it only to be overwhelmed by it later. I love my life and all it's craziness. I love being a mommy and a wife with a "real job" on the side. This is what I was made to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment