My 'baby' is three. THREE. There, I said it. Time needs to slow down. It's going way to fast. You know when people say they can't remember life before (___fill in the blank__)? Well, it's true. I can't remember my heart before Ryan was born. God could not have blessed us with a more perfect child, and I know everyone says that about their children. He is the most affectionate child I know. He wears his heart on his sleeve just like I do. And he experiences life. He helps me notice things that I should normally notice myself. He "stops and smells the roses" at every chance he gets. He sees the moon, he sees the sunset, he sees people's emotions before I do, even my own. He teaches me daily. I can't say enough good things about him.
Last night I overheard him and Brett while they were in the bathroom. Brett was giving Ryan a bath and Ryan asked, "What's that, Daddy?" and pointed to his wedding band. Brett answered with "Mommy gave me that when we got married." Ryan's response?... "I want to get married. I want one of those."
The innocence and simplicity of his words make my heart melt.
After his bath he and I were chatting. I said to him that tomorrow he will be 3! He said, "yes Mama, I'm 3. I'm a big boy. I'm like Daddy."
I have said it before and I told Ryan last night: I want my boys to grow up to be strong, capable, loving, confident, respectful men. He's well on his way to my wish.
Happy Birthday my sweet Bubbas!
Happy birthday to Ryan. What a sweet little boy, good job to you and Brett for raising such an angel!
ReplyDelete