Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Truth #4

Yeah, I've been slacking. I'm sorry, but life has a way of throwing multiple baseballs straight at your face all at one time.

Anyway, on to the 4th truth...

I HATE MOVING. Brett and I, my in-laws and a couple fabulous friends helped us move 5 miles down the road yesterday. We rented a 27' Uhaul thinking that it would be enough to move us in 1 trip. Think again my friends! How much is too much in regards, to toys for 2 little boys? The answer to that is a full 27' foot truck load. Yes, 27' of toys. TOYS! Toys that couldn't just go in a box. Swings, power wheels, basketball goals, Little People, tonka trucks, jumperoo, play mat, every "sports stick" known to man (golf clubs, lax sticks, etc.)... the list goes on. I'm in the process of rethinking birthdays and Christmas this year.

This move was brought on by the owner of the house we were renting putting it on the market.We had 1 day to move everything, clean and turn in the keys by 5pm yesterday. We made our deadline thankfully! If we didn't make our deadline we would have had to pay double rent and we didn't want to (and couldn't) do that. I wasn't in love with the house on Brook St. by any stretch of the imagination. We loved it when we saw it, but after we moved in, we quickly realized it didn't fit our family style. Kitchen too small, an upstairs bonus room we never use, too small bedrooms, crazy bathrooms, weird floorplan and a useless backyard.

So after 15 exhausting hours of heavy lifting we've moved all of our "junk" into a 4 bedroom, ranch with a 2 car garage, big kitchen, HUGE living room and 2 full bathrooms! It's the simple things that I used to take for granted that make me happy now. When we looked at the house on Brook St. 15 months ago we didn't notice that one of the bathrooms didn't have any power outlets. Do you know how difficult it is to dry your hair without an outlet to plug it in to? Little things like that make moving worth it.

I have "battle wounds" from our move, I'm a walking zombie today and getting ready for work and school this morning for the 4 of us was beyond challenging. However, we are moved and on the way to better living! :)

Cheers to boxes!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for the move! Can't wait to see you new home. Hope your soreness is going away!

    ReplyDelete