Friday, February 25, 2011

Truth #3

I'm annoyingly superstitious. Members of my family laugh at me. Here is my top 10 list:

1. Do not walk under a ladder. I once made Ryan walk in reverse back under a ladder after he had done it in an effort to cancel out the negative energy that he had just caused.
2. Do not split a pole if you're walking hand-in-hand with someone. Brett does this on purpose.
3. DON'T SPILL THE SALT! And yes, I will throw it over my left shoulder if you do. Brett also does this intentionally.
4. Do not cross the path of a black cat unless you "cross" him out. There are smeared crosses all over my windshield above the steering wheel in my jeep. Brett just shakes his head.
5. Do not see the bride before the wedding. Not only this, but also don't walk down the aisle to your soon-to-be husband prior to the actual day. I had a stand in during my rehearsal.
6. Fridays the 13th are bad. Hide! I used to really hide, but I can't do that anymore.
7. Always enter using the same door you used to exit.
8. Pennies - If you see a penny heads up, pick it up. If you see a penny tails up, flip it over and leave it alone. Yes, I do this regularly. Quick story: When we were painting Ryan's nursery before he was born I walked into his room and found a penny, heads up sitting in the dead center of the floor. I picked it up and put it over the door in his room. It never left until we moved.
9. It's bad luck to let a flag touch the ground. Not to mention disrespectful.
10. Dreaming of death means someone is pregnant. This normally holds true.

Yes friends, I'm odd. I'm not sure what has prompted my superstitions. My guess would be a number of events throughout my life. Eh, who knows. Don't abuse my weirdness! My anxiety level may go throw the roof! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You listed some superstitions I've never heard of... crazy lady :)

    ReplyDelete