Thursday, February 17, 2011

5 Months

I'm bad. Really bad. I've neglected my blog and I missed 2 monthly updates for Liam. Hopefully when he's 25 and reads this he won't be angry with me.

So to fill in the gaps, I'll update with pictures from both months and do some fun 5 month stats.

Liam stats:

Weight: 18.2lbs. 95% for weight and at 27 inches, he's 90% for height. Brett and I are hopeful that he's got a full ride in his future or perhaps he's NFL draft material.
Diaper size: 3! It feels like we skipped size 2 all together. He was in them for all of 2 weeks.
Clothing size: 6-9 months, some 12 months.
Feedings: He's still getting a little bit of rice cereal in his 8oz bottles every 3.5 hours. BUT... We've started SOLIDS!!! Liam has had apples, sweet potatoes, bananas, and peas. Oh, and I shouldn't leave out the "tastes" he's had of ice cream and jello.
Sleeping: Oh we're good with this. REALLY GOOD! We're blessed, no...extremely blessed to have 2 children who have slept through the night beginning at 9 weeks. He has kept up his trend by going to bed between 8 and 9pm and sleeping until 7:30 or 8:00 the next morning. He loves Mommy & Daddy's bed. I will often put him in our bed when he wakes up in the morning and he'll go back to sleep! He's not the best napper, however. At daycare he'll take 15-30 minute cat naps 2, maybe 3 times a day. When he's at home he'll go for 2 or more hours. I guess he just doesn't want to miss anything while he's at school.
Eye color: BLUE BLUE BLUE!
Playtime: Rolling Rolling Rolling... keep that Liam Rolling! Oh yes, we're rolling all over the place. He loves his baby gym, his jumperoo, his Monkey lovey, a plush taggy football and a little triangle rattle that Ryan gave him before he was born. He's also a fan of books. He joins us at bedtime with Ryan when we read books and he always goes in to grab the pages.
Likes: I covered all the toys above. He also likes bath time, being naked, diaper changes... hmm, I see a trend. He also loves his Ergo, laying in our bed with us, watching Ryan run around like a maniac and he is always mesmerized by the dogs.
Dislikes: being alone. If I, or anyone really, walk out of the room for whatever reason, he is NOT happy. As soon as you walk back in he's happy again. He still isn't a fan of lotion and he doesn't like it when Ryan cries.

As for Ryan, I can't say "He's so smart" often enough. He really is. I know, he's my child so of course I feel that way, but some of the things he says and does is just beyond me. He turns everything into something else. For example, his hockey stick is often used as a leaf blower. The wooden rods on his easel are used as drum sticks and his lacrosse stick has been a guitar a time or two. His love for cooking continues and he's developed a liking of board games and puzzles. We play Candyland, 5 Little Monkeys and Hi Ho Cheerio. Tonight though, we played SQUIRTS! Squirts is a game he and I developed during bath time. He has several little water squirters. I actually hate those things because you can't clean them. Nonetheless, they are super fun! Needless to say, after 20 minutes of the game, the bathroom looked more like Wet & Wild than a bathroom.

I will leave you with some pictures!

















No comments:

Post a Comment