With all that being said, my first truth will be "safe" and tame...
Truth #1: I love NC State
If I could go back to college, I'd go to State. Actually, I would not trade any of my college experiences for the world, but I would want all of them to take place in Wolfpack country.
I was born during the NC State vs. Duke football game. My papa and uncle were at that game. I'm assuming had my Deddy not been busy helping my Mama through her breathing, he would have been there too. Regardless, my Papa was the first of my extended family to hold me in the hospital. Several years ago, Papa gave me his ticket stub from that very game. He framed it and wrapped it up and gave it to me for my birthday.
Wolfpack football gives me the chills. The good kind of chills. It's a thrill that I could experience every minute of every day if it were possible. Football season is by far my most favorite time of the year. One day we will have season tickets of our own. And MAYBE one day, NCSU will have a decent basketball team. :)
Luckily I found a fellow State fanatic to marry. Our children are born and bread to be Pack fans. They have no choice in the matter. Some of my best memories have taken place at Carter Finley Stadium and I intend to continue the family tradition for our children. Maybe one day I'll be able to give my grandchild a ticket stub I used on his/her Birth day game.



No comments:
Post a Comment