Anyway, I've made a couple exciting purchases in the last week. I'm a Craigslist and consignment junkie. I learned to be when I was pregnant with Ryan and now I'm addicted to it. We have a store in town called Once Upon A Child. It is a phenomenal consignment store. I purchased a jumperoo last week from them along with a few small other things. But this jumperoo retails for $90-ish brand new. I got it for $35 and it looks like it was never used. Plus, it goes with the rest of my FP Rainforest collection. Then, today I found a FP Rainforest swing on Craigslist for $40. I've been watching for one that is at a price that I can agree with, but everything I've seen has been crap or so expensive that I might as well buy new. I just can't buy new. It seems like such a waste of money to buy new when babies just don't use it long enough to mess it up. If it has been taken care of, then I'm all about buying EUC. I had an stationary exersaucer for Ryan, but Brett took it COMPLETELY apart when we moved and the springs disappeared, so we threw it away. I also had a swing that I borrowed from a friend that was a cradle swing. It only reclines so when Ryan was older I bought a cheapo swing that he could sit up in. I then sold the cheapo because I wasn't crazy over it. I've posted a picture of the new swing. For whatever reason, every time I post the picture of the jumperoo it posts sideways. So I'll try again later.
On another note, I've started going through all Ryan's baby clothes, washing them and putting them away. It's crazy to see Ryan's clothes as "Monster's" clothes. It's crazier to see Ryan's current clothes in the same closet right next to "Monster's" clothes.
Ryan is getting excited. We talk a lot more now about his baby brother. He's very curious about all the toys and gear that I'm bringing out and cleaning and getting ready for the baby. He has decided he wants to use his bumbo chair, which he can still fit in. Tonight, after we went to pick up the swing, Brett, Ryan and I went out to eat. To keep Ryan entertained until dinner came, he played with "Monster." He felt him kick him pretty hard and he got so excited and wanted to keep playing. I think "Monster" enjoyed himself too. They are already bonding. :) It gives me goosebumps.
Nice looking swing! I wish I had the wisdom of a second time momma when I was baby gear shopping...I made some poor choices.
ReplyDelete