Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tight Squeeze

Last night we went to Pizza Hut. Not my first choice, but the nice Italian place that we tried first was full of older folks quietly enjoying their meal and there were no booths available. So we thought it best to take our not-so-quiet, booth loving 2-year-old to somewhere a little less formal. (Not that it was formal, but it was nicer than Pizza Hut) We were headed to Zaxby's and he screamed out that he wanted pizza, so... pizza it was. When we got there, the host sat us at a booth that was about 2 inches shy of being able to fit my belly. Oy vey! Turns out it was the section of about 3 booths that had been pushed closer together. Nonetheless, it sucked. We moved to a more larger, more comfortable seating arrangement. I've never experienced that before and don't want to ever again!

1 comment:

  1. That used to happen to me all the time! There was this restaurant we'd go to that was always packed and they'd squish their tables together to make room. Of course, they ALWAYS sat me in that section! People would asked me if I could scoot my chair in to make room for them, and I'd stand up so they could get by (just to let them see the belly). It was always very awkward. Sorry for the belly squeeze, can't say I envy you! :)

    ReplyDelete