Monday, December 6, 2010

Gone ghost

Truth be told, there are not enough hours in the day. I'm sure I'm stating the obvious. For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting an updated post from me, I apologize. I am quite envious of you mommies out there who juggle kid(s), a husband, a job and the house and still find the time to blog. I am not giving up, but still searching for a somewhat structured (and I use the term "structured" ver loosely) evening schedule that allows me some me time... I have a feeling that I'll be searching for such a schedule until Ryan and Liam are married.

My house is no longer the immaculate home it was when I was on maternity leave. With the exception of a few toys scattered throughout the house, my bathrooms were clean, my laundry room never had more than half a load in the hamper, dirty dishes were always in the dishwasher and my floors were spotless. GONE ARE THE DAYS. Gone. Forever. So long clean house! I will miss you! I will learn to live in a "lived in" home. "Lived in" defined as toys scattered from the front door to the back door, dust on my mantle, dirty dishes in my sink, laundry overflowing out of the hamper, coats, hats and bags thrown on the chair beside the door, and towels on the bathroom floor. Yes, my friends... that is what my house looks like right now. No matter how much I pick up and clean, my 3 boys come behind me and dirty it... yes, even the baby! So the way I see it, I can spend each night cleaning up after them, or I can do what is necessary to keep the bugs and DSS away and spend my evening playing and enjoying my family. However, please call prior to visiting so that I can return to my OCD self and really clean my house! :)

In 10 days Ryan will be 3. T-H-R-E-E! In 2 days, Liam will be 3 months. Craziness. Tonight, while giving Ryan a bath we were talking about his birthday party, which will be at Brett's gym in the Kid Zone. It's so exciting to see his excitement about having his friends come play, having cake and opening presents. He now says "Happy Birthday to me! I'm three!!" His theme for his party is the movie Cars. I made his invitations and when I showed them to him he said, "Wow! Thank you, Mommy!" I am so blessed to have a polite child.

Since my last post, Brett has moved onto his golf instruction business full time. He's doing so well and I'm so proud of him! He's had 2 great articles written about him locally; one in a local magazine and the other in the Saturday newspaper. He has thrown himself into this effort and it's paying off. If you can spare them, please say some prayers that he continues doing well. And while you're at it, pray for me as I am alone with the boys most evenings until about 8pm. It's the price we pay for success, I guess. It makes me appreciate even more nights like tonight when he's home to eat dinner with us. It doesn't happen very often anymore.

There are also some changes in the works for me. Unfortunately, I have to be vague at the moment, but I would appreciate some prayers too! :) I will update when I'm able!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like busy times! Can't wait to hear what the changes in the works are..... intriguing!

    And don't worry too much about the "lived in" house. I'm hope all day, and ours is still VERY lived in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pictures are cute (and REAL). I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete