Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No title -

I'm 24 weeks today! Wow, time has flown! 112 days left until I reach 40 weeks. 13 days left until I reach freak-out mode. I'm sure that 112 days will turn in to 113, 114, 115 days and so on until I reach 41 weeks. I keep telling myself that in hopes that "Monster" will decide to show his face a few days early. A week or 2 early would be quite nice actually.

This week is hell week for Brett, otherwise known as the annual member-guest tournament at his country club. He will receive the biggest paycheck of the year and more than half of it will be overtime that he's pulled this week, working ridiculous 7am - 10pm shifts all to guarantee absolute perfection over the course of 3 days. The money is nice but I will miss my husband and Ryan will miss his Daddy. Unfortunately for him, we will not stick around for the chaos! Ryan and I are off the the beach! I wish we could leave on Thursday evening, but due to a very exciting teambuilding outing I have on Friday, we can't leave until Friday afternoon. Get this...my department at work (4 females, 1 male) is going to the Ft. Bragg Clay Target Center to experience skeet shooting. Imagine, if you will, a hormonal pregnant chick out there with a shotgun. Hmmmmmm... Need I say more? When I told Brett about this adventure, his eyeballs almost popped out of his head. No words were needed.

This is also an exciting week for us. Brett has just launched a new business here in Fayetteville using 3D motion analysis to teach golf lessons. He's teamed up with a local fitness club and will be giving lessons to his country club members as well as the public! I'm excited, he's excited! It's an awesome experience that has just sort of fallen in to place nicely. I have faith that it will be successful! Not to brag, but Brett is very good at what he does. He has a way with his students and he's just awesome. I'm so proud of him! There is a plan for us and I'm confident that we are finally on the right road towards fulfilling that plan. We just had to get back to Fayetteville to do it, with a few stops along the way. :)

As for me and the pregnancy...I'm doing great. This pregnancy has taken some time to get used to, but after 24 weeks I think I've finally settled with the idea that it is going to be different that my pregnancy with Ryan but I'm going to be ok. My mood swings have settled down and I think my hormones have leveled off a little bit. Note - I said *a little bit*. Maybe it's because last week was so stressful, but the past 4 days have been easy-going. I was supposed to have a prenatal massage and facial on Friday. However, 2 hours prior to my so-desperately-needed appointment, the manager of the spa called and said the massage girl had to leave and my massage was cancelled. I was angry, upset, and a lot of other words. I actually cried. That woman had no idea what kind of week I had, nor did she know how badly I had been wanting that massage. Not only that, but she was rude about it. But, my wonderful husband made it all better and gave me the best massage I've ever had on Sunday night. Plus, I get another one this afternoon at a different spa! I'm a lucky woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment