Ryan and I left Brett and the dogs this weekend and headed to the beach! We missed Brett, but he belonged to Highland CC this weekend so I figured we might as well go on and enjoy ourselves. So, we went with Mama, Deddy, Mimi, Michael & Laura (Michael's gf) to our little place in Salter Path, NC (on the same island and between Emerald Isle & Atlantic Beach).
We had a fantastic time, but I can't help but think ahead to this time next year. Member-guest week at Highland CC will be the same and I will more than likely, once again, be heading to the beach with an 8 month old and a 3 year old. The difference between now and then?... hopefully, that three year old will be fully potty trained!
This weekend was full of "Ryanisms". Maybe it's just because he's my child, but I think he is absolutely hilarious.
Ryanism #1: I wanna pee in the dirt!
Mind you, we have been full blown potty training for about a week now. As we were driving down there on Friday afternoon, he says "Mommy, I got to potty. I wanna pee in the dirt." The effects of one paniced pee pee adventure are awesome. Back story - The other day, he and I were on the way home to Fayetteville. We were traveling on I-40 when he said he had to potty. So, of course, I was not going to pass this WONDERFUL opportunity up, so I pulled off at the next rest area. I still haven't fully prepared myself for him to use a nasty public rest stop bathroom. My germophobic fears resulted in me pulling to the very back of the parking lot and allowing him to drop his pants behind the jeep and pee right there in the grass. At the time, I subconsciously knew that I was probably setting myself up for numerous requests to "pee in the dirt," but I wasn't focused on that. I was tied up with the fact that my wonderfully smart 2 year old had just asked me to stop so he could pee in something else besides his pull up. I was thrilled!
Ryanism #2 - M&M Rewards for DeeDee
Also has to do with the potty.) Different potty training tactics work for different children. I first tried stickers with Ryan. He wasn't impressed. So, after watching a SuperNanny episode and learning the M&M technique, I decided to move on to that. It works! Ryan gets 1 M&M for going pee in the potty and 2 M&Ms for going poopy in the potty. Over the weekend, my Deddy came out of the bathroom in front of Ryan. Ryan then turned around, clapped and said "Yayyyyyyy DeeDee! Wanna M&M?" I couldn't contain my laughter!
Ryanism #3 - Ice the nose
Saturday evening my Mimi, my Deddy and I were sitting on the deck of the trailer talking. Ryan was playing with his new dump truck I just bought him that morning. Unfortunately, he lost his balance on the side of the deck and fell, nose-first into the deck. Let the record show that my son has had his first bloody nose. Sorry to say, I'm sure it won't be his last. Anyway, I take him inside to comfort him. Deddy grabs a bag of ice, Mama grabs a wet wash cloth and after about 5 minutes of screaming (boo boos on the nose HURT!) I get him calmed down enough to try and comfort him and wipe the blood off his face, my shirt and everywhere else (boo boos on the nose = lots of blood). I tried to show him that the bag of ice wrapped inside the wash cloth and placed on his nose will help him feel better. So, what does Ryan do? He unwraps the wash cloth from the bag and hands it to me, then unzips the bag and takes a piece of ice out and places it on his nose. He's a funny thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment