Today is Wednesday, and Wednesday is beating my arse! Hence the HSIOW title of this entry...adopted from a friend of mine, HSIOW stands for "Holy Shit It's Only Wednesday." From the time I got up this morning until now, I've been smacked with "problem" after "problem." I use quotes since my problems are relative. Nonetheless...I was not prepared to find a new obstetrician today. And why? Oh, that's the easy part. My employer has decided that our current insurance carrier charges too much, therefore, we will be switching to THE ONLY insurance carrier that my current OBGYN DOES NOT accept. Not only that, but I'm 23 weeks and 1 day; 3 weeks and 1 day farther along then the cut off for most OBGYN offices in this area to accept new patients. Add a couple small fires that started today that have to do with the program I run and needless to say, I'm a little edgy today.
However, with all that said, I had my monthly appointment today. Baby Monster is looking great. I am now 143lbs. EEK!!! That would be a grand total of 17 lbs gained during this pregnancy. When I voiced my concern to my nurse, she looked at me as if I had 10 heads and told me I was perfect. "Ashleigh, Ashleigh, Ashleigh, " she said. "I could only dream of being 143lbs NOT pregnant! When you get to be the size of an elephant, we'll stop you, but for now, you're perfect!" For the record, I gained about 27lbs with Ryan. So I'm trying to stay right around there. I have 17 weeks to go. I h ave a feeling that I'm going to go over 27lbs.
As for everything else...My pee was good, my bp was 104/something...(normal for me), she measured my fundal height and said that was right on schedule, and last but certainly not least, Monster's heartbeat was absolutely beautiful and in the 130s.
My next appointment is scheduled for June 10th, but since I'm having to switch docs, I would imagine that it will change. I guess it is a blessing in disguise that we are switching insurance carriers. I really really love the doctors at my office, however, the nursing staff and the office staff really leave something to be desired. They are rude, never smile, some rarely make eye contact, they are slow. And as far as I'm concerned, I can love the doctors all day long, but if the nursing staff sucks, then you're positive experience goes out the window. Hopefully the switch will be worth the stress and anxiety that I'm feeling right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment