Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sometimes the grass *IS* greener on the other side.

I'm 25 weeks today and I had my first appointment with my new OB. It still hasn't been determined if my company is going to switch insurance carriers, but I figured I wouldn't wait around to be screwed in the end and switched to a new OB who accepted my current insurance carrier as well as the one the company is "shopping." I was dreading the switch. Switching docs half-way through my pregnancy is not something I ever wanted to experience. I had a WONDERFUL team of doctors and nurses when I was pregnant with Ryan. With this pregnancy, I really liked the docs at the old place but I despise the nursing staff and the front desk staff. When I went in to the new office today, I was greeted with a smile and awesome customer service. Everyone, the receptionist, the insurance lady, the nurse, they were all amazing. Then I met the doctor. HOLY COW he was more than amazing! He's laid back, slightly conservative and really takes the time to talk with his patients. I'm so glad I switched. I wish I had followed my gut and switched a long time ago, but oh well.

So I had all the normal stuff done... pee was normal, bp was good, Monster's heartbeat was 147 and I'm up to 147lbs. This weight thing bothers me. I need to pay more attention to what I'm eating and drinking. With Ryan I got up to 152 or 153 I think. I'm definitely going to pass that. As long as I can keep it under 35lbs I'm good. I have 15 weeks left... that means I'm allowed to gain 15 more pounds. THAT'S IT!!!!!! Doc also said that I should expect to be "more on time" this time around. As in, this child will more than likely not take after his brother and be evicted. Oh how wonderful that would be! However, I think it may be wishful thinking and I do not plan on getting my hopes up. My Mama had to be induced with both me and my brother. I'm convinced I have taken after her. Nonetheless, this little boy has until September 14th and he will be evicted. (That would be 1 week after my due date.) I was also told to possibly expect a bigger baby. UGH! Ryan was 8lbs 6oz. Do I really want a bigger baby that him? I think NOT! That's where the 1lb per week weight gain from here on out comes in to play.

Monster is a strong little booger. Last night while I was cooking dinner, I seriously thought his foot was going to come through my belly button. He was kicking like a mad man! He likes the same spot up under my ribs on the right side that Ryan did. It's cool, yet slightly annoying. Also, today when the nurse was listening to his heartbeat on the doppler, he kicked her away several times. I think we might be in for it, huh? :)

1 comment:

  1. I also had to switch OB offices during my pregnancy with Gabby - I was about 20 weeks or so, can't quite remember. It sure is a stressfull process but I'm also glad I made the switch! I'm glad to hear you and the monster are healthy =) (I feel your pain with the weight gain - I put on about 30 with Gabby and it was everywhere but my belly.. not fun!)

    ReplyDelete