I. Love. Monkey Hugs! I was greeted at 6:30 this morning by a wide-eyed smiling little boy who wanted to make his Daddy some coffee. I'm not sure why he was up so early, but he made me smile when I wouldn't normally be at that hour. Brett was still in bed since he didn't have to be at work until 11:00, which meant Ryan had the opportunity to be lazy and not rushed to get to school. However, he insisted on getting up and his first thought was about his Daddy's coffee. That says awesome things about his little heart and his feelings for his Daddy. So, I held him up as he put the coffee in, he helped me add the water and then we got a cup for Daddy and he placed it under the spout and pushed the brew button. He was so excited that HE had made his Daddy's coffee. His eyes just said it all. Then, while I was still holding him, without me asking for one, he looked at me, threw his arms around my neck and his legs around my [expanding] waist and squeezed so tight...I could have let go and he'd have stayed exactly where he was. That, my friends, is the definition of a Monkey Hug, and oh are they amazing!
Happy Friday! 1 hour and 33 minutes until I get my next Monkey Hug!
awww, I call them monkey hugs too!!! =) SO SWEET!!
ReplyDelete