Saturday, April 24, 2010

Retail therapy cures most...

My closet threw up this morning. After attempting to slide 3 pairs of capris over my enlarged thighs and rear end and 4 different shirts that either weren't long enough to cover my growing belly or too big because I'm just not big enough to wear them yet, I gave up, settled with a t-shirt and the jeans I wore yesterday, called my Mama and pitched a mini-temper tantrum as if I were a 16 year old not satisfied with her wardrobe.

With Ryan I had no problems; at least not with my clothes. All the weight that I gained was in my belly. I had this wonderful belly band that transformed any normal pair of pants (or any other bottoms) into maternity pants. I wore the majority of my normal clothes and all was wonderful with the world. Well, not this time. My glorious rump and thighs feel like they have grown just as much as my belly, which means I can't fit in any of my bottoms passed my thighs. It's frustrating, depressing and very annoying. I looked in the mirror this morning and wondered where the weight in my butt was hiding because I swear the thing looks flatter. I don't think I've ever disliked my body so much in all my life.

So, what's a preggo to do? SHOP!!!!! I will say that Fayetteville's selection of maternity clothes suck! However, after going to TJ Maxx (no maternity section), Old Navy (no maternity section), Target (crap maternity section), I finally hit the jackpot at Ross! Normally, I can't find a whole lot at Ross, but today their maternity selection was ginormous! I got 1 pair of pants, 3 pairs of capris and 3 shirts and could have very well gotten more, but I figured I should be responsible and pay my bills. All-in-all a very successful shopping trip and now I no longer have to go pitch fits in the morning because my clothes suck. At least not right now.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with Gabby - I gained a lot of weight in my legs, hips and buns so nothing fit and I wanted to cry every morning! I hated spending $ on maternity clothes so I hit up Goodwill stores and consignment shops. Glad to hear you found some good stuff =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross was my saving grace when I was pregnant! Although, my tantrums didn't begin until I realized that may baby was born 6 months ago and I've only lost what she weighed at birth. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete