Thursday, June 17, 2010

I surrender...

I am not super-woman. Saving a reasonable amount of money at the grocery store with toddler in tow is now longer a reasonable expectation for myself. Not even if I have help from my husband. Flipping through my coupon book, keeping track of my list and comparing prices is virtually impossible with Ryan wanting to help put items in the buggy, asking random questions, begging for things we don't need, and of course wanting to get out and walk (by which he means run around like a maniac). I can only imagine how it will be when I have 2. As much as I hate late night grocery store trips, I think I will learn to enjoy them. Once again, I now know how my mother felt. Oh, and she opted for late night grocery trips too...

On another note, I had my 28 week doc appointment on Tuesday. All-in-all it was a good appointment. I gained 2 pounds to make me an even 150. However, I conducted a 3-hour walking tour yesterday for work. It was H.O.T. and I could have quite possibly sweated away those 2 pounds. My blood pressure was good. Urine looked good. Fundal height was 28.5cm...exactly where it should be at 28 weeks. Liam's heartbeat was beautiful. The only problem was that I ate pasta for lunch, therefore failed my 1 hour glucose test. BOOOOOOOO! I have to go back next Thursday for the 3-hour test. It is at 8am so I will not be eating prior to the test. Please join me in praying that I pass. I knew I should not have eaten carbs... carbs turn straight in to sugar. The sugar levels in my blood needed to be 135 or less. They measured in at 140. I wasn't a happy camper. I "rewarded" myself with a salad for dinner. Not that it was all that bad. I've been craving salads this entire pregnancy.

Tomorrow my department at work is going skeet shooting for a team building exercise. I can't wait. Pregnant + shotgun = ??? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Booo on the glucose results. I think the worst part might be that you have to drink that gawd awful juice (or as I like to call it, Satan's elixir). The only thing I remember about that test was feeling like they had somehow slipped me some speed. Good luck, I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete