As if it is my decision! Ha! But, nonetheless, our house is ready for Liam's arrival. Somehow, someway, the monstrosity of a to-do list is now virtually complete, with the exception of a few very very small things that actually can wait until after he's born, the big stuff is done. Ryan's room is painted and new curtains are up, Liam's room is ready for him, the carpet is cleaned, the house is as clean (for now, until I clean again!), we put a new water filter on the sink (important for bottles) and a new shower head in our bathroom (the old one sucked), the laundry is all done, our bags are as packed as they are going to be until it's time to go, the carseat is ready to go... geez, the list goes on. Tonight or tomorrow night (depending on the weather), the dogs will get a bath so they are all fresh and clean. I was going to do it last night, but it rained so that would have been absolutely pointless.
As for Liam, he's getting cramped in there. He no longer kicks like a mad man, but he rolls around and makes my belly look like the ocean in a bad storm. He still likes to poke some sort of appendage out of my right side just like Ryan did. It's funny though, when Ryan did that, I'd push down a bit and he'd pull whatever it was back in towards him. When Liam pokes out, I'll push down and rub a bit and he pushes back. I can only guess what his personality will be like!
I went to the doctor on Tuesday at 37 weeks. I'm still holding at 157lbs, which is 30lbs gained. Doc says I'm just evening out my weight, which is fine by me! I think I've mentioned before that I was 157lbs when I delivered Ryan, so I'd like to stay somewhere close to that for Liam. I was 1-2cm dilated on Tuesday as well! Whoo hoo! Progress! I never got to 1-2 cm dilated on my own with Ryan without the help of pitocin. When I went in to be induced at 41 weeks I was only .5cm...which some would say that doesn't count for anything. But I was pleasantly surprised with the progess since my cervix was completely closed at my last appointment. I guess all the work we did over the weekend made a difference! Although, now I'm getting nervous. I have 2 big work events between now and next Tuesday the 24th that I need to get through before delivering. I'm giving a bus tour on Saturday and I'm hosting a luncheon for about 50 people on Tuesday. Plus, I still need to train the girl who's filling in for me while I'm "out". I say "out" because I'll still be very much in tune with what is going on with my customer service program. I just need her here to do the things in the office. So, come 2pm on Tuesday the 24th, he is free to join us! Until then, I'm busting my arse to get all the ends tied up at work.
Next appointment is scheduled for Wednesday...
Your house looks great! Seems like you are ready. We are looking forward to Liam!!
ReplyDeleteLove you.